1. Switch to energy providers which use renewable energy to reduce emissions - and even better, think of installing solar panels on your roof, the money you save on your energy bill usually pays for the installation within 10 years.
2. Install insulations to reduce energy loss through heating
3. Use energy efficient appliances and install motion detectors for lights.
4. When appliances are plugged in, they still absorb power, even when they are turned off. This can be controlled by the use of a smart plug which can help you save an average of 114 kilowatts per year.
5. Reallocation of furniture can help heat flow better and can help save energy. If you have sofa or chairs in front of the radiators, moving them away can help the free flow of heat.
6. Use thermostats in your office to maintain the appropriate temperature. Each degree saved in heating can save 6% of energy usage
7. Use automatic shutdown on computers to save energy after office hours.